How Much Wood in a QUART ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreePapa

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2008
Southern Calif.
TreePapa said:
http://ventura.craigslist.org/for/1361291126.html

Ad says "i have about a quart of avocoda wood. great for burning. best offer gets it"

... might keep you warm for a few minutes.

Peace,
- Sequoia

Maybe he meant he's got a quart of Avocado and he is doing th e burning, he just wants someone to make a nice Gaucamole!

TreePapa said:

Ad says "i have about a quart of avocoda wood. great for burning. best offer gets it"

Peace,
- Sequoia

I have a few ounces of Oak, if anyone needs it...

BrowningBAR said:
TreePapa said:

Peace,
- Sequoia

i knew i need a chip bag collector for my saw's can it and sell it by the half pint!

smokinj said:
BrowningBAR said:
TreePapa said:

Peace,
- Sequoia

i knew i need a chip bag collector for my saw's can it and sell it by the half pint!

Market it as 'Hand Carved Wood Stove Chips'. Put them in a Pringles can and sell them for 15 buck a pop.

BrowningBAR said:
smokinj said:
BrowningBAR said:
TreePapa said:

Peace,
- Sequoia

Market it as 'Hand Carved Wood Stove Chips'. Put them in a Pringles can and sell them for 15 buck a pop.

I like it or 2 for 25.00

I was in a grocery store in Eastern PA the other day, they had one of those community posting boards where everybody thumbtacks stuff on. There was one -

Quart Wood Available
$140 per quart
With the guys name and number.

I almost called him to see how big his quart was, but thought better of it. If he doesn't know a quart is a cord, how in the world do they know that a cord is 4x4x8?

mbcijim said:
I was in a grocery store in Eastern PA the other day, they had one of those community posting boards where everybody thumbtacks stuff on. There was one -

Quart Wood Available
$140 per quart

I almost called him to see how big his quart was, but thought better of it. If he doesn't know a quart is a cord, how in the world do they know that a cord is 4x4x8?

Even if they mean a 'quarter of a cord', that is still a retarded price.

Ghettontheball said:
mbcijim said:

Quart Wood Available
$140 per quart

dyslexia,deaf,who knows? i never judge a book by its cover.
+1 sure not good at spelling myself!!!!!! cord at 140.00 be my best guess

Its probably a quarter of a cHord!

Email and ask how much it is for a gallon. Maybe there is a price break for quantity.

TreePapa said:

Peace,
- Sequoia
There are 231 cubic inches in a gallon so 1/4 of a gallon is 57.75 cubic inches or about 3.3% of a cubic foot. Maybe you could send an SASE and have them send it to you???

Jags said:
I still don't know what avocoda wood is???
fruit tree never seen one either

smokinj said:
Jags said:

I am familiar with Avocado trees (mmmmm.....guacamole), but that avocoda stuff must be different. ;-)

Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:

I am familiar with Avocado trees (mmmmm.....guacamole), but that avocoda stuff must be different. ;-)
yep be cool to try in the smoker

What on earth is the matter with you guys. Everyone knows a pint is a pound the world around. It takes 2 pints to make a quart, so that ad is for 2 pounds of wood. A bargain at that price!

I have a chord of avocoda in my yard, that was kilm dried

Maybe he meant "court".

Like "I just ripped up this basketball court and want to sell the wood".

Hmmmm, sometimes they sell beer by the yard instead of pints.

I think his cousin lives near me , his ad reads 75.00 for a normal pick-up load.
Maybe we could call and ask him how many quarts to fill up a "normal" pick-up truck.

Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:

It's an avocado with a Boston accent!

Peace,
- Sequoia

TreePapa said:
Jags said:
smokinj said:
Jags said:

It's an avocado with a Boston accent!

Peace,
- Sequoia

Easy now people...

me thinks a quart of jack daniels would keep you warmer for a longer period of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.