how much wood is this? two loads of 8 yard truck ****updated with pictures***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

par0thead151

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 26, 2009
south eastern wisconsin
I just found this score on CL, and he will deliver it!
a mix of tree types. how much wood are we talking here?
(2) 8 yard truck loads

edited to add. it is cut to 3' lengths.
photo-1.jpg

Not good at math, but as a guess around 2 cords per load.

The math says 8 cubic yards is 216 cubic feet. So if its satacked in thre, about a cord and a third...if its just thrown in (more likely), more like a cord per load.

mayhem said:
The math says 8 cubic yards is 216 cubic feet. So if its satacked in thre, about a cord and a third...if its just thrown in (more likely), more like a cord per load.

its cut to 3' lengths. so it should stack somewhat nice

If it cut in length and put in there it will add up nicely. If it is just dumped in, it adds up like crap.

Please keep in mind if you can't burn 3' logs, they have to be cut again. Cutting a 3' log is a big pain in the backside. So if the price was not super low, I'd pass on it.

Backwoods Savage said:
Please keep in mind if you can't burn 3' logs, they have to be cut again. Cutting a 3' log is a big pain in the backside. So if the price was not super low, I'd pass on it.

the price was too good to pass up...
FREE
:)

So my wood cutter and seller friend says he has never been able to get more than 2 cords in a full size 10 yarder (Kenworth, Peterbuilt, ETC).... This is a thrown load. If you are talking a smaller truck at 2 loads you might get 1.5 - 2 cords, also figuring they are logs they will be loose packed. FREE is a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.