How much wood is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2013
Rhode Island
Someone's selling this for $50. I'm thinking 3/4 of a cord? Any thoughts. Claiming its cherry..... image.jpgimage.jpg

This is what I know black cherry to look like

images

and I'm not seeing that bark in those pics, maybe/kinda on the biggest piece in the second pic, but I'm really not sure.

I'm also thinking more like 1/2 to 2/3 cord tops, but without the dimensions, and without a clear ID on the wood, I'd say offer 25 bucks, and only if it's real close to the house and you really need it. Especially since it's not even split.

But, at the end of the day, what might not seem like a deal to me might be great to someone else.

1st pic doesn't look like cherry to me. 2nd could be. I don't think 3/4 is a bad guess, but maybe a little high

I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it

I would guess 1/2 to 2/3 of a cord its tough to say for sure. That's a deal for that much wood here in WI. I paid $90 for 2/3 of a cord that I had to still cut to length and split! BUT it was dry and I needed it!

I would guess 1/2 to 2/3 of a cord its tough to say for sure. That's a deal for that much wood here in WI. I paid $90 for 2/3 of a cord that I had to still cut to length and split! BUT it was dry and I needed it!

Was it dead?

Yes, it was a stack a guy had been collecting over a couple years from Bigger branches that had fallen off his trees and a smaller Ash (10" across) that the top broke off of in a strong storm. So it was mostly Ash with a little oak and a few sticks of poplar which I split into mid sized kindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.