How much wood would this be??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verynycegirl

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Well, I'm a very happy girl today! My friend just dropped off a nice big load of wood for me. It was a 10 wheeler dump truck CHUCKED full! I'm so happy I even took a picture! They stacked 3 stacks almost the length of my garage but since I only had to give them hot roast beef subs & fries I told them I'd stack the rest!! :)
Any idea how many cords of wood a 10 wheeler dump truck hold? It certainly looks like alot to me!!
Tracy

Attachments

• tay.jpg
    tay.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 992
Send me roast beef subs and fries and I will tell you how much wood you have.

Hmmmmm it may be kinda tough to email you that burning hunk....inless you live in Ma :)
I still think I cut myself a killer deal....a couple of roast beef subs and fries for a BIG pile of wood!!!
So please do tell how much wood that is....we'll work out a deal for the sub & fries later ;)

Tracy

Ten wheel dumps average between 12 and 15 cubic yards figuring 14 if tightly packed a little under 3 cords 2.9,
Realistically 2.5. Not bad for a few subs. What kind of stove are you burning?
And I live in MA. Go Pats

Hi Really Hot,

I have NO idea what type or brand of stove it is. It was here when I bought the house. The only marking's on it are 1900 C/W
Does that tell you anything?? I live South of Boston...You?

Tracy

The sub names like, burning Hunk, Firestarter ect are assigned as to how often you post. Before you fire that stove please give the forum members some details is an insert. how it is set up, They are very knowledgeable. One should understand a lot more than putting newspaper in, kindling and lighting a fire. There is a lot your should know about safety issues, before that first match enters the stove.

South of Boston Near the Pats Stadium

elkimmeg said:
The sub names like, burning Hunk, Firestarter ect are assigned as to how often you post. Before you fire that stove please give the forum members some details is an insert. how it is set up, They are very knowledgeable. One should understand a lot more than putting newspaper in, kindling and lighting a fire. There is a lot your should know about safety issues, before that first match enters the stove.

South of Boston Near the Pats Stadium

Hi Elkimmeg,

I got it right this time! What sort of detail should I tell you? I've been using it for 2 winter's and my house is still standing...So I guess that's a good start. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'm very open to any help I can get!! As you can see already from my "name" mistake I'm a true blonde! :)

Tracy

Dunno what was going through your mind with Elk's shifty eyes and Really Hot above it. What kind of forum do you think this is? :) - don't answer, it's probably all true.

Here's some info I found that seems to match your stove. See if the description fits . . .
Our primary heating stove is a ten-year-old Russo 1900 C/W—a welded-steel stove that was designed to burn wood or coal. It has a firebrick-lined firebox and coal-type reciprocating roller grates above a large steel ash tray. The glass-windowed door has secondary oxygen-supply air holes at the top that can't be closed (for coal); however, the bottom draft beneath the roller grates can be closed completely (for wood).

Also check out this link . . .

https://www.hearth.com/questions/qa449.html

Elk's estimate seems right to me. 2.5-3 cords.[/quote]

Hi Frank,

That is my stove for sure!!! Any advice for me with using this stove?? Is it an okay stove??

Tracy

BeGreen said:
Dunno what was going through your mind with Elk's shifty eyes and Really Hot above it. What kind of forum do you think this is? :) - don't answer, it's probably all true.

Hi BeGreen,

I honestly feel soooo dumb! Everyone here is so nice I'm glad I found you all!! :)

Tracy

Hi Frank,

Well, since I don't have $$'s to spend right now I guess I'll just have to hope my Russo well get me by for another few years.
I bought the house a year ago this Oct and the people that owed it before me, had just had the chimney clean late that summer. I'm not sure if when they did the home inspection if they would have checked the stove or chimney?? Any idea if that would be checked in the norm?

Tracy

Hey Craig, Mo heat, we might have found a good situation for the Donor program

Tracy Please e-mail me and I will explain the program to which I am speaking

elkimmeg@ comcast.com

That donor program sounds good for her. Also, taking the word of a seller that they had the chimney cleaned is asking to die in a house fire. Have that chimney inspected. And most importantly find out what she puts ona her roast beef subs that makes them worth a load of wood.

That donor program sounds good for her. Also, taking the word of a seller that they had the chimney cleaned is asking to die in a house fire. Have that chimney inspected. And most importantly find out what she puts ona her roast beef subs that makes them worth a load of wood.

Hi David,

I guess it would be a good idea to have the chimney checked out...I'm probably too trusting I suppose. Oh by the way...to answer your question...red peppers, green peppers, mushrooms, onions and of course provolone cheese too!! :)

Tracy

very nice bug? Dang. She drives a woodstove too!

Status
Not open for further replies.