1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

how much wood?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by walkerdogman85, Sep 8, 2012.

1. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    Have you ever been to a hot rod tractor pull? If you have you will know what im talking about here. Some times while filling mine while there's a good roller going she' ll flame from the stack about 6" r so. When I get her full for the night n shut the doors the flame will die off and the smoke will begin.

Much like this lol:

Not sure if this is gonna work
    Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. walkerdogman85

walkerdogman85 New Member

Loc:
    ohio
    Have you ever had any trouble with your hardy
  3. AJS56

AJS56 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Central Lower Mich
    Yes, that is a good point, some folks are not comfortable having a fire in the home.
  4. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    No none at all.

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!
  5. walkerdogman85

walkerdogman85 New Member

Loc:
    ohio
    Ok I have mine burning still sure do like having it so far
  6. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    I used to DREAD winter. It was the most expensive time of the year for us. I would wake in the middle of the night to the click click click then wa-woomp of the propane furnace and have $$$$ rolling in my eyes. Now winter is our cheapest time if the year now excluding x-mas. I burnt this that and the other, mostly scrap wood on and off again all summer for hot water. Nothing treated, and only wood no garbage, plastics, or tires. I lit her up yest and turned the heat on to make sure all is well, no issues! Seems as we are ready.

7. clemsonfor

clemsonfor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Honsetly thats more "GREEN" than them using fuel oil or running power that comes from coal.

But as a forester, even OWB's wood consumption is a drop in the bucket compared to other things. Do you live in or near a logging area? The town i live outside of has a sawmill its the second largest employer (and its not even a big mill, just a small town) behind the prison. You might be supprised how much wood is turned into 2x4s in a day even in this down economy, or how much wood is used to pulp out for paper. Im talking piles that are 20feet tall and go for acres!!