How much would YOU pay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqgs214

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2006
Riverhead, NY
For a cord of CSD pine. Got mine for $50.00, and its a little over a cord. Local wood guy I buy from could not sell it so offered me a deal.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Smile while it is burning.

50.00 bucks I would retire my saws! lol outstanding price.

i would pay 50 bucks as long as its a full cord, not a face as most wood sellers in ny seem to do. i use pine for restarts and starts... so i would gladly pay it instead of scrounging scrap lumber...

It is more than a full cord. My guy is small, does about 15 cord a year from his side tree business and usually only sells oak and locust but he thought he would try some pine but had no takers and now its just taking up space. Yeah me!

I am not a wood snob. I actually like poplar and pine. This is why, I have an eko 25 and when I get home our house is 65* and the stove can't heat the water fast enough for my 80k btu hx with hardwood cut about 4"x5" squares, so fast burning pine and poplar split about 3x3 or 3x4 really gets the stove going and can keep the water temps at about 145-150. So pine and popple have their place, plus noone else wants it so it's all over the place.

Sounds like a great deal for me! I'd take all the pine at that price he wants to get rid of.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.