How nice it is!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefburritt

Oct 28, 2008
Central NY
So just cleaned my triple wall chimney, and lo-n-behold less than one gallon of fly ash. No creosote, no ooze, no buildup. Gotta love gassers. BTW went to a chimney fire yesterday morning and the double wall insulated pipe was stuffed full of creosote. Homeowner... I cleaned it a couple of weeks ago! Yeah sure ya did. Creosote is pretty cool looking as it falls out and is still glowing orange/white. Especially when its not yours.

I just moved my gas boiler over to the other side of the chimney to make room for my Atmos gasser. Just for the heck of it I checked the chimney cleanout. I removed a full 5 gallon pail of creosote. I haven't burned wood in over 10 years. The old Energy Mate produced a lot of creosote on idle, I thought it was all out of there though. Can't wait to get my Atmos going so I don't need to look at a chimney that looks like it is lined with shiny black tile. / That steam WG sure seems like a nice unit, if I remember right that install looked like you had a few bucks in that too, Randy

cleaned out the pipe from my eko to the chmniey about a inch of fly ash in there but no creosote at all gassers rock! pain cleaning out all the fly ash though. I have been burning since september though so an inch of fly ash is not bad I guess.

Singed Eyebrows said:
I just moved my gas boiler over to the other side of the chimney to make room for my Atmos gasser. Just for the heck of it I checked the chimney cleanout. I removed a full 5 gallon pail of creosote. I haven't burned wood in over 10 years. The old Energy Mate produced a lot of creosote on idle, I thought it was all out of there though. Can't wait to get my Atmos going so I don't need to look at a chimney that looks like it is lined with shiny black tile. / That steam WG sure seems like a nice unit, if I remember right that install looked like you had a few bucks in that too, Randy

You will enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a gasser. Just make sure your flue pipe is stainless. Yeah the WG did/does have some bucks in it due to all the iron piping and the 4" dropped header, but it's worth it. The money saved from the fuel to the "Dry Steam" production is nice especially in today's market.

Status
Not open for further replies.