How noisy is the Brecekwell Big E- what about the Englander 25-PDV?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdevine10

Jun 6, 2008
CT
Ive read that some say this is a noiser stove? Our local dealer does not have one currently in his showroom, so Im having a hard time figuring out how noisy this is.

Can anyone compare the noise level on this stove? It would be in the family room, but we do not watch TV in there super frequently, more play with the kids, hang out etc.

Thanks so much... we have learned so much reading about the stoves here!

Also- anyone know the noise level in the Englander 25-PDV?

thanks

I got the englander 25-pdv and it is noisy, however I have nothing to compare against and the englander is my first stove, everyone says ALL stoves are noisy, ones more than others but again I have nothing to compare.

I think you get used to it..............

If you are running the Big E in the front room and the TV is on, you will not notice the noise unless you are running it above level 4. it is a good stove. The most amount of heat for the least amount of money.

I have a BIG E and it is a 2005 model. My stove is noisy . I run mine on 2-3 most of the time and I have to turn up the television a little to hear it . Maybe the newer BIG E is quieter now , but mine is noisy. I 'm comparing it to an Enviro or maybe a Harmon /Herman my friend had . I would not trade my stove , I love it , I just wish the fans were a little quieter.

My father in law is looking at purchasing a pellet stove and was inquiring about the breckwell Big E. Do the stoves have a removable ashpan and if not, how long do you usually go prior to a shutdown and empty? Do these have a connection to be put in existing venting? I'd like to help him out but I only have my englander to go by.

Thanks for any info!

There are two versions of the BIG E. One has a large glass door and ash pan. The other has a smaller door and no ash pan.

Eric

On 24/7 burning, I shut down 1 time a week and sweep out the ash and vacuum the burning chamber . I burn around 7- 10 bags a week .

kinsman stoves said:
If you are running the Big E in the front room and the TV is on, you will not notice the noise unless you are running it above level 4. it is a good stove. The most amount of heat for the least amount of money.

I'll second this.make sure you get the big glass door if your stove will be in a living area.the glass gets dirty on the lower heat stetting's.

Status
Not open for further replies.