How not to cut wood......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
It's almost like one of those games when you try to spot as many things wrong in the picture as possible . . . I kept waiting for the guy to cut off his finger, hand, etc. . . . A little disappointing to see the knock on the head -- from the way he shook that off and kept cutting in the same way I would say he's probably been whacked in the head more than a few times.

Natural selection at work.

Now you know why they put all those safety warnings on things, some people really ARE that stupid!

Laws should be enacted that require you to pay for your own medical bills resulting from an injury when negligence and blantant disregard for safety is obvious. I will nominate myself to sit on that review panel.

The guy was reckless as hell. I actually expected the end results to be alot worse than what actually happened. The one armed saw bandit, I don't think he ever used the other hand on the saw.

I try to tell people all the time to leave the tree work to a professional. I get a lot of OK, I can do it for myself. I just say thanks and walk away. The cost of my insurance and the overhead of the business is what makes it so expensive. I saw recently a job gone wrong, crushed car, ripped up house, and no electricity to the dwelling. I have no idea what happened but my customer down the road said there were lots of emergency vehicles there including police... I will bet money there was a fatality... :sick:

The world seemed like a smarter place before hand held video / youtube became so rampant.

pen

Always remember........."You can't fix STUPID"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodchip

that was difficult to watch.

the 'not what you'd expect' caveat made me suspect it wasn't going to be too ugly.

OT

:13 sec. the guy behind the camera says "you'll cut that arm off". He's a really good friend.

What a moron!

WTH, can afford a lift, but is using a Poulan? It's like I always say "People be stupid"

"it snapped back man". Really?!?!? No you cut the lower end shorter leaving the higher end heavier. I guess he never heard of gravity or leverage.

That was painful to watch. How can he still have all his limbs?

Pure Darwin chillun...hope the fellow hasn't bred.

Littlalex

P.S. - Christ!!

What? I always suspend my logs from a chain before I buck them.

"Moron" is too broad of a derogatory name.

How about:
9-fingered Billy
One armed bandit
Lefty
LTD Wannabe
Unemployed
Dented Head
Concussion Boy
Poulan Fool

Any more suggestions?

maplewood said:

How about:
9-fingered Billy
One armed bandit
Lefty
LTD Wannabe
Unemployed
Dented Head
Concussion Boy
Poulan Fool

Any more suggestions?

Tweaker/Meth Head

maplewood said:

How about:
9-fingered Billy
One armed bandit
Lefty
LTD Wannabe
Unemployed
Dented Head
Concussion Boy
Poulan Fool

Any more suggestions?

redneck wookie

What I don't understand is why people like him always seem to get away with it. Then people who are careful and mindful of what could happen seem to have accidents. You all know them......they shrug off PPE, take chances, do stupid things and live life without injury. I don't get it. :shut:

fishingpol said:
Laws should be enacted that require you to pay for your own medical bills resulting from an injury when negligence and blantant disregard for safety is obvious. I will nominate myself to sit on that review panel.

+1 - that is the greatest thing i ever heard!

Did his Father have any kids that survived? Well, he got away with it that time. Unfortunately he will hurt or kill someone else eventually.
That said, I have to admit to doing some not too bright things and with time I have come to realize that I was lucky Once and should not push my luck.

Danno77 said:
WTH, can afford a lift, but is using a Poulan? It's like I always say "People be stupid"

Lol, I was going to say his cutting technique is almost as stupid as his saw... but then I realized a lot of people on here wear by Poulan...
Plus it didn't make much sense anyway.
So I opt'd not to offend ;p

Hass said:
Danno77 said:

Lol, I was going to say his cutting technique is almost as stupid as his saw... but then I realized a lot of people on here wear by Poulan...
Plus it didn't make much sense anyway.
So I opt'd not to offend ;p
I don't know many people who swear by new Poulans. I'd take a handful of older ones if I could find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.