How often does your Mt Vernon "shut down"?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyclan

Dec 23, 2007
Missouri
The tech came out today to fine tune the stove as the low hopper icon stayed on constantly. Since he left, the stove has shut down 4 times (gone into auto-clean mode) within 7 hours . IS THIS NORMAL? I realize it needs to go into shut down mode to dump the ash, but 4 times in 7 hours seems excessive to me. Anyone have this problem?

By the way, the low hopper icon came back on and won"t go off. Go figure.

Shut down for the auto-clean? Or because something went wrong?

Auto cleqan times are set by the fuel type you are set on what fuel is the stove set on?

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. We usually use hardwood setting as that is what we use. However, the tech asked us to try the utility setting. Thoughts?

Utility should auto-clean more, because that type of pellet contains more ash.

It is ultimately determined by the number of auger rotations. Cleans more often on high than on low.

I would have to go back and look at the code for the utillity but i think it will clean about every hour and 5 minutes on the Utillity setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.