How quickly can seasoned dried wood become too wet.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.M2

Feb 3, 2008
WV
I had kiln dried wood delivered and dropped on my blacktop driveway on Wednesday. It was snowing and raining. I put a tarp over it to keep it dry.
The stove was installed on the same day and everything went smooth with the initial burn. Due to a back injury I've been unable to move it to the wood shed.
The weather has been rainy with 80+ humidity since delivery and now the wood is very hard to keep burning.
It's been covered with a tarp to keep the rain off which obviously keeps the wind from drying it too.

Could it absorb that much moisture that quickly to make that much of a difference?

Thanks in advance.

If it was truly dry to the core, the surface moisture should dry up quickly once it is stacked and dry so the wind can hit it. Or bring some inside like stonehouse does.

Status
Not open for further replies.