How serious are these cracks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2BblHarold

Jul 2, 2016
TN
Lopi Liberty, catalyst. Found 3 cracks inside my firebox, in the back. The biggest is on the R top. The other two are hairline, on the left mirroring the R, and the smallest is dead center. All are along the same horizontal plane...I can't recall the name of the component...it is one of the metal passages for gasses. Will my performance seriously suffer? I bought the unit used and have not installed it yet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 221
Not terrible yet. Is this in the center, back of the stove? It looks like the secondary air supply, but it's hard to tell. Note that the Liberty is a conventional tube secondary burn stove, not a catalytic stove.

Not terrible yet. Is this in the center, back of the stove? It looks like the secondary air supply, but it's hard to tell. Note that the Liberty is a conventional tube secondary burn stove, not a catalytic stove.
Yes, center, back of stove. I could be wrong on the model name, cat/non cat. Memory bank is overheated. :0)

That probably is the secondary air supply tube then. It looks like it can be welded. If the stove is a Lopi Liberty the firebox assembly should be covered for 7 yrs under warranty. Contact the dealer if the stove is still covered.

I think Lopi makes a repair kit for the secondary air manifold. It's a cover piece that gets welded over the existing manifold. I've never done one, seems like it been mentioned on here before though.

Yes webby is right, I think Lopi has a repair kit for their sec chamber, just as Quadrafire does. I've installed a few of Quad's, its some drilling and riveting. Not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.