How to access auger in quadrafire 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meg32682

Dec 27, 2010
I think my auger may be getting jammed or the motor going bad but I am not sure how to access it. Every time my stove runs it sounds like a duck quacking when pellets are dropping, which I assume to be the auger. I do have a very ashy batch of pellets in left over from last year so I am going to do a good cleaning today when I empty the hopper. Any advice would be appreciated!

empty and vacuum out the hopper before you reach for a screw driver.

Eric

Vacuum out all the pellets, and it's under the raised cover in the hopper. Remove the cover, and unplug the motor. Two 7/16ths nuts hold the auger motor to it's mount. It may take some pulling on it to get it out due to packed in sawdust.

pics might help if you are looking to get at the auger. Here ya go.

Attachments

• DSC00586 2.jpg
    DSC00586 2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,160
  • DSC00584 2.jpg
    DSC00584 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,178
  • DSC00583 2.jpg
    DSC00583 2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • DSC00582 2.jpg
    DSC00582 2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,144
  • DSC00579 2.jpg
    DSC00579 2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,100
Great thanks so much to everyone who replied. Still burning off what's left in the hopper and then I'll give it a go! Fingers crossed that its an easy fix!

So I may have accidentally dropped one of the 7/16th nuts down behind the auger.....any idea where it might be? I'll probably just go buy a new one but don't want it to screw up something in the stove! Thanks

Well I cleaned it and its still making the noise. I'm thinking I might need a new auger motor. Anyone know if those are pretty easy to replace?

If you got to the point where you lost the nut then you did the hardest part of replacing the auger motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.