How to adjust flame on a Superior??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcw0405

Dec 9, 2015
NC
Hi there!!

I recently bought a home with a Superior UFVC-500. It's a ventless gas fireplace. I had it cleaned and had the pilot light lit and everything seemed great until I threw the switch on. The flames are huge! They seem to be very high and it's running at full power. The technician said it was at a 7 (not sure what that means) and that it's the max possible. Here's my question... there's no knob or anything I can see that help me adjust the flame. I'd love to have it lower. I was told that something needs to be installed to lower the flame? I don't quite understand what exactly needs to be done so if someone could help me out that would be spectacular! Google doesn't help me at all. :)

Thank you!!

Try adjusting the amount of gas flowing to the unit via the shut-off. It's not the right way to do it, but it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.