How to adjust temp on my Harmon XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

alka2710

Jan 6, 2017
Long Island
I need some guidance on adjusting my stove. First here is what I have been doing and please correct me as needed. I have had the stove for 4 years and love it but could never figure out the correct way to adjust the temp
First I leave the feed rate on 4
I leave the blower on low and adjust the temp up and down as needed which seems to work for the most part. The stove adjusts the fan as needed. I guess what I am trying to figure out is if this seems to work why would I have to turn the blower up to high. Also why would I have to put the feed rate up to high. My wife has a habit of turning the blower and temp up when she adjusts the stove. Thanks for any help
Al

Reactions: WOODNUT358
Yep he explains it well.For info,I run my harman with blower on low in mild weather,middle in most weather,and on hi in really cold weather,keeps heat more consistent.On balmy days I use fireplace mode,no blower,very handy when you only need a little heat.

I keep my blower on high - but that is the only thing that moves the air in my house (no other fans), so want the heat distributed as far as possible. I actually wonder why people would use the low setting :). I don't usually adjust the temp at all either. But, there are so many ways that a person can run their stove and get the results they want that it can get mind boggling.

Now my question is if you leave the fan on high will the temp coming out be less hot or do you use more pellets. Not sure if that makes sense but it just seems logical to me.
Al

Reactions: bogieb
Actually a good question.Mine has lower temp when blower on high,but over time(winters)uses same fuel

Now my question is if you leave the fan on high will the temp coming out be less hot or do you use more pellets. Not sure if that makes sense but it just seems logical to me.
Al

I have no idea - but it is a good question. My place is small enough, that a somewhat lower temp coming out would not be an issue.

I need some guidance on adjusting my stove. First here is what I have been doing and please correct me as needed. I have had the stove for 4 years and love it but could never figure out the correct way to adjust the temp
First I leave the feed rate on 4
I leave the blower on low and adjust the temp up and down as needed which seems to work for the most part. The stove adjusts the fan as needed. I guess what I am trying to figure out is if this seems to work why would I have to turn the blower up to high. Also why would I have to put the feed rate up to high. My wife has a habit of turning the blower and temp up when she adjusts the stove. Thanks for any help
Al
The slower the fan runs, the more heat escapes up the chimney. Try full fan and lower the feed to 1 or 2 for higher efficiency.