How To Attach Coil Handle To Stove Door Handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolai

Nov 16, 2007
Western Ontario
Yeah I realize this must be a stupid question, but my pellet stove came with a black coil handle that is supposed to go onto the actual door handle.

I've tried to just twist it on and to force it on, both to no avail. Is there a technique other than brute force and ignorance....????

Push as hard as you can and screw it on in the direction of the spiral. If you need to use some lubricant like a little glass cleaner or some Crisco or something. Once you get it going only screw it enough so the handle starts coming through the tight part of the spring. Some people keep going and put it down way to far and then its damned near impossible to get back off again.

Got it! Used some cooking spray in place of Crisco and pushed as hard as I possible could. Something that would have been made a lot easier with a vice to hold it straight while pushing it in.

The last one i fought with 10 years ago
I filed down the end of the shaft to taper it.

Reactions: Wood Rat
Try some dishwashing detergent, it sounds funny, but it will help the handle slide on

Status
Not open for further replies.