1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How To Attach Coil Handle To Stove Door Handle

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Nickolai, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nickolai

Nickolai Member

Loc:
    Western Ontario
    Yeah I realize this must be a stupid question, but my pellet stove came with a black coil handle that is supposed to go onto the actual door handle.

I've tried to just twist it on and to force it on, both to no avail. Is there a technique other than brute force and ignorance....????

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Push as hard as you can and screw it on in the direction of the spiral. If you need to use some lubricant like a little glass cleaner or some Crisco or something. Once you get it going only screw it enough so the handle starts coming through the tight part of the spring. Some people keep going and put it down way to far and then its damned near impossible to get back off again.
  3. Nickolai

Nickolai Member

Loc:
    Western Ontario
    Thanks, I might try some kind of lube. I'm not getting anywhere and have been fighting with it for awhile now.
  4. Nickolai

Nickolai Member

Loc:
    Western Ontario
    Got it! Used some cooking spray in place of Crisco and pushed as hard as I possible could. Something that would have been made a lot easier with a vice to hold it straight while pushing it in.
  5. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    The last one i fought with 10 years ago
    I filed down the end of the shaft to taper it.
  6. CygnusX1

CygnusX1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    Try some dishwashing detergent, it sounds funny, but it will help the handle slide on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.