how to build hearth pad that will support 475lb stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff88

Nov 4, 2012
The r value has to be 1.5 so i want a 1 inch ventilated air space. i wanted to use wonderboard on top of stell studs but i dont see how .5 in wonderboard will support my stove?

also, why is this stove so heavy and with such big clearances. ie 20 inches on the sides to unprotected surface.

englander 2200 sq ft. timber ridge. canadian tire.

The wonderboard will support the stove so long as it is supported by sufficient steel studdage.

why do you want an airspace under the stove? Are you just looking to elevate the unit?

pen

My inspector made me put in additional supports (2-3" lolly columns) underneath the stove as well. Not sure what my Oslo weights compared to yours but I'm glad I did

Status
Not open for further replies.