How to choose a power inverter for englander 25 stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rehabbingisgreen

Sep 29, 2010
Missouri
I'm concerned about losing power in the winter and while we have a small generator I'd like to look into an inverter to run the stove. I don't know enough about them to know how to choose one for this stove? Does anyone have any knowledge or experience they would share? Thanks!

If you want info from "the horses mouth", try sending a PM to Mike Holton here (stoveguy2esw), or give him a call at Englander Tech line tomorrow....I'm sure he'll have some opinions.

I've been around inverters since we purchased our new houseboat in 04, but I went on and purchased the inverter from Harman(512W) and both work well if you use 6V golf cart batteries... I purchased a 36V E Z GO golfcart and I rewire it to 12V to run my stove... The 6 batteries will run the stove 10 hours, but the trick is to FULLY CHARGE them back and add distilled water every 3 charges...
Our Hboat has 8 batteries and is a 3000W inverter and runs 2 frigs, 1 ice maker, 3 TV's/ Sat., and a light in every bed room, so the options are limitless...

Status
Not open for further replies.