How to clean the outside of the fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samhoff2

Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
During installation I accidentally got some paint on the outside of my fireplace. How to clean it off please? I don't want to use chemicals that will hurt it, but don't really want to fire it up in case it cooks it on?

See pictures of two spots in question.

Thanks,

Sam

Attachments

• fplace 002.jpg
    fplace 002.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 138
  • fplace 004.jpg
    fplace 004.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 123
If it's just interior latex wall paint, and it hasn't been there long, you might actually be able to soften and remove it with water, a soft terrycloth towel, and some patience. If that doesn't work, there are a number of commercially available cleaners...like Goof Off...but I don't know what's in them, or how safe they would be to use on the original appliance finish. Might take some experimenting. Good luck with it. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.