How to connect Fireview to SS Liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyronut

Apr 5, 2011
El paso, TX
I was just wondering what is the best way to connect my Fireview to a 20' Insulated SS liner? Should I use a tee body and snout or the round connector that came with my liner kit? Can I use the round connector that came with the kit or is it necessary to purchase the tee body and snout? Is there an advantage to using one versus the other? Any help would be appreciated.

I used the tee body and snout , this works great for bottom up cleaning .

All the Best with your Fireview !

MC

I used the tee body and snout , this works great for bottom up cleaning.
My stove is rear-vented into a fireplace, so the tee snout goes into the stove. I clean from the top and brush it down into a bag that's fastened to the bottom of the tee after I've removed the end cap. The snout is made to accept the stainless liner.

I connected the liner to the Fireview with an appliance adapter. I figured a Tee would just add a few more joints to worry about leaking and might not flow as well with the sharp 90deg turn. Cleaning is no biggie with the Fireview. . .after brushing, I just open the top of the stove and scoop the debris out of the bottom of the liner. . .bag on the Tee might be a lil' less messy though.

I used the tee body and snout , this works great for bottom up cleaning .

All the Best with your Fireview !

MC

Here are some pictures of my cleaning setup with a soot eater. A large hose clamp , plastic jug and the vaccuum cleaner line attached to the bottom , make for a quick and clean bottom up cleaning.

Mike
clean_st-4.JPGclean_st-2.JPGclean_st-3.JPG

Thanks for the pictures of your setup. Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.