How to Convert to One Pump/Zone Valve Distribution?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I have two zones with circ pumps that pump to return. I just added a couple of zone valves because baseboards were heating up when not wanted. So, I have the two zone valve.

Today, I had an issue with my Ecocirc Vario pump (see thread: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/having-problem-with-a-b-g-ecocirc-vario-pump.154358/ ). I'm thinking, put in an Alpha and pipe both zones to it.

Can I just Tee in from where the inlet of one zone pump to the other, removing other pump piping, T, etc?

pumps.jpg

Can I just Tee in from where the inlet of one zone pump to the other, removing other pump piping, T, etc?

I don't see why not . I have 5 zones each with a zone v/v being fed by one pump. But I guess it could depend on the heat loads they are supplying.

Well, there'd be a zig zag for one zone's line, and I wonder how the flows would be if both zones were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.