how to hook up a circulator on the secondary loop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugar

Hearth Supporter
Oct 12, 2008
East central KS
My going to be second boiler (gass boiler) has a circulator that is operated seperate of the boiler control. The circulator operates the entire three zones of the house and is turned on by a 110 strap on aqustat straped to the outflow of the gas boiler. My EKO is plumbed with a circular loop with closely spaced t's on the return manifold of the gas boiler. I want to know how to control this circulator to run with the eko yet still work with the existing gas boiler. The circulator on the eko (taco007) i gues will plug directly to the RK-2001 controler. I'm asuming the conection on the back of the eko controler gives of 110V that powers the circulator. Correct me if wrong. My question is how do I also send power to the circulator on the gas boiler to operate my system.

I think I understand what you want to accomplish. I think I would just use another strap on aquastat to the out flow of the EKO and wire it to the same power from the gas boiler aquastat in parallel to the circ. That way, if either switch is closed the circ will run. There are other ways to do it but this sounds simple enough.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.