How to install igniter & wiring on ECO 65

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gaz45

Dec 31, 2015
Moonbeam Ontario Canada
I have to replace the igniter on my ECO 65. How do we connect the wires from the back of the burn chamber down the combustion air compartment to the wires from the new igniter?

Not much info in the manual. Do you mean the actual connectors or the routing? Should be able to figure that out while removing the old ignitor.

I had a fire down in the combustion air chambre which melted the wires on the ignitor and the wires that the igniter connects to. The ignitor is easy to replace but the wires it connects to not so easy. I cannot access the wires and most likely will need to take some of the stove apart. I could not find any instructions online.

I have to replace item '29' on the diagram.
upload_2016-11-5_11-53-19.png

Sorry, thought it was just the ignitor wires. Didn't realize the wiring connector beyond that was taken out as well... Looks like you will be disassembling a bit. Keep us posted and good luck!

Take photos as you go so you can reassemble properly. Possible to fish it through as they do when rewiring in a house.

The igniter wires are in the air intake channel along the bottom of the stove. They run up through the floor of the unit next to the combustion fan on the same side as the door with the control panel. I think they run through a 1" grommet in the floor there. You can check if the wires there have burn ends.

I think you might be able to fish the wires forward through the hole near the combustion fan.

FirBurner you are right. I got an instruction buletin from SBI which I included. It is in french but the pictures are all we need. It's all fixed and warming our home.

Attachments

• HT00061F-65 SERIES IGNITOR CABLE & WINGNUT REPLACEMENT.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,068
Reactions: Love the Heat