Q&A How to install ventless fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I purchased a ventless gas log fireplace and would like to install it in my home. Do I need to put anything between the fireplace or firebox and the walls? I plan on installing it in an existing corner of my living room. The walls are sheetrock with a vinyl paper covering.

Answer:

Typically your instructions will provide you with clearances or specifications. My experience with similar type of products is that those clearances are already "built-in" to the firebox & surrounding cabinet so that you place the fireplace assembly flush or directly against a wall without worry. The whole assembly is usually tested for such an application.

But, re-review the instructions thoroughly just to make sure, and/or contact the manufacturer. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.