How to load a crane 404 with wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisp

Aug 4, 2013
new york
I have recently decided to get an old crane coal/wood stove model 404 back up and running. This stove originally came with the house I bought, Im sure its not the most optimum of wood burning stoves but its currently the cheapest (free). I am replacing the all the gaskets around the doors and the glass windows. I will also be replacing the glass. The stove itself seems to be in really good shape. I have the manual for it as well. My question is how to load it properly, if there is a proper way? The compartment where I would place the logs seems small, maybe only able to place 2 logs in it. Just trying to see if any one out there has one of these and can give me any tips. Thanks in advance.

chris

Not too many members here who burn in a wood/coalstove. I would suggest posting your question also here: http://nepacrossroads.com/ There seem to be quite a few users who burn both.

Status
Not open for further replies.