How to lube blower on NC13?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lobsta1

Sep 6, 2007
Eastern Ma.
Been running the new NC13 since Nov. I installed it into an open fireplace with the AC-16 blower. When I installed it I remember seeing
something about oiling the blower every 6 months. In the last few weeks the blower has started chirping. It's only 3 months old. (We have no pets)
I can't see any place to oil it. Can someone help me out?
Thanks
Al

Attachments

• ac16.jpg
    ac16.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 228
i would call england ,they can explain everything for you ,how do you like that blower? is the cfm high enough to blow strong air across the top surface ?
do yo u think its underpowered for the unit ?

There are two holes one on the end that the switch is on it looks like a hole on the housing, right at the edge, on the round part inside the hole is a shiny steel tube that goes down to the bearing. The other is on the opposite end even with the other hole. On your picture it's two and a half inches to the left of the switch housing as you follow the edge around. That's about the best I can explain it.

Lexy, I run it on lo speed all the time. I installed a deflecter across the stove top to direct the heat out of the fireplace. I think if I ran it on hi it might cool off
the secondary burn.

Jasong, thanks for the info. The next warm day that I can leave the stove off, I will TRY & stick my head in back & see what I can see.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.