How to mount Temperature gauge on piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpilihp

Feeling the Heat
Apr 22, 2008
Coastal ME
1 1/4 x 1/2" female T, or if a larger size such as 1 1/4 x 3/4 feamal T - get a bushing. Sometimes the T is not deep enough to accept the gauge, in which case we use a sweat T and a female adaptor with a short nipple. You want the bulb of the thermostat in the flow, or very close to it

You can purchase a 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1/2 Reduction tee it has a 1/2"leg.The temp. gauge has a 1/2" well with it,the gauge will thread right into the tee.

Thanks guys, so I need to use a threaded T? I want to put in in a 1 1/4" copper run, Id like to do it with a copper T, can I just get a sweat to thread adapter and put on the 1/2 leg? Will it not be in deep enough if I do that?

Thanks

Woops Chris I think you answered my question, thanks, Ill give that a try!

My temp gauge came with a threaded or sweated well fitting.
Will

Status
Not open for further replies.