How to move insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zachhandler

Nov 23, 2009
Minnesota
Can anyone tell me or reference me to the correct thread...How do I get a 400 pound insert into a fireplace that is flush with the floor? wooden rollers? Metal rollers that I then leave in the firplace? Or just protect the floor with plywood and push it across the floor?

Thanks!

Rollers work, just like the pyramids. But so does 4 bodies, one on each corner. Or strap it to a stout handtruck and roll it close to position. Then slide it in. I like to have a sheet of metal down on the hearth to protect it and make it easy to slide on.

Could also put is on some towels or blanket and slide it.
When you get in front of the fireplece, put it on a few 1/8" wood dowels. It rolls nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.