how to pipe my stove into existing chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csb41502

Aug 26, 2013
south carolina
now that i know i can find pellets to run my pellet stove,i want to pipe it into my existing chimney.it used to be a fireplace that was filled in with concrete and has either a 6 or 8 inch round hole for the exhaust into the chimney.do they make adapters to do this?do i still need to keep a cleanout tee on the pipe?i cant put it on any walls,cause this house has way too many windows and i cant keep it away from a window for the piping

by code and mfger recommendations, you must run a 3 or 4" liner all the way up the existing to a cap.

Yep, liner all the way up

local stove store? amazon? hundreds of places online that sell pellet pipe and clamps. A t comes in handy if your stove doesn't have a trap door/cleanout on it so you don't have to undo the whole thing every time you want to clean it.

ill have to try to post some pics.my problem is the round hole in the wall is around 3 feet off the ground.i just dont know how to pipe it all together.i cant cut pipes behind my pellet stove to match it all up can i?

if i put the stove caddy corner,i can keep the pipe 19" away from a window? would that be ok? i need to go this route cause i just took the round cover off the chimney flu inside the house and thats filled in with concrete too! so now im back to trying to find clearances around windows?will i have to go above the roof line or not?:

Hello
If you want the liner system made for pellet stoves, get the Selkirk Masonry Conversion kit. It out performs everything else. Mine works super!

Status
Not open for further replies.