How to reduce the noise from my wood furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

handfamily

Mar 3, 2015
Ohio
I believe the noise is coming for the filter box the blowers are in. Is there any way to help with these loud vibrations? It's very loud and getting quit annoying. The filter is clean/changed regularly.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
~*B*~

Attachments

• furnace set up.JPG
    furnace set up.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 256
you'll just have to hunt for the sound. It could be a lose piece of duct work or even a lose screw. It would be too hard for any of us to determine over the internet.

Like Wisneaky mentions investigate where the noise is coming from.. I've installed anti-vibration pads on my blower box of my wood furnace seems to help...

Dave

Pull the blower and clean the squirrel cage. It's probably has some dust or other buildup in it causing it to be out of balance.

Might be worth pulling the blower to see if it has accumulated dust or other junk on the squirrel cage. Doesn't take much to throw it out of balance and set up a dandy vibration.

I believe the noise is coming for the filter box the blowers are in. Is there any way to help with these loud vibrations? It's very loud and getting quit annoying. The filter is clean/changed regularly.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
~*B*~
If the filters are loose in the holder they will chatter. Some foam tape can help take up the gap. I do have to say though you have a really nice looking setup there. Real Classy! Very nice indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.