How to remove glass doors from a fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
This is a little hearth related but I thought I should put it here. There are glass folding doors on my fireplace with a screen inside them. They look a little bit like this
AAAAAgR_yWcAAAAAAJzwvw.jpg

We need to take them off to roll our monster insert in there and see how things fit. I can't see any visible screws or anything, but if I grab the whole frame at the top, I can rock the whole frame from the bottom outwards, so I know it's only really attached at the top. There's fiberglass insulation along the sides so perhaps that's hiding the attachments, but I can't quite figure it out.

Do you suppose if I slide it a little in one direction or another it might be in sort of slots that will unengage or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.