How to remove vent cap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smg64ct

Nov 21, 2006
Connecticut
I know this May be a dumb question, but I can't get the cap off. It's a direct vent and I guess it's called the termination cap. I don't want to damage it and looking around I couldn't find any info.

Thanks

I know this May be a dumb question, but I can't get the cap off. It's a direct vent and I guess it's called the termination cap. I don't want to damage it and looking around I couldn't find any info.

Thanks

There is no "vent cap" on the Quad MVAE that I know of. I've had mine for three years and am pretty familiar with it. Are you asking about the clean-out on the exhaust pipe?

aqu4ura9.jpg
I assume the op meant their exhaust termination cap. For example, mine looks like this.....

I didn't have to take it off. I was able to get the leaf blower up there. My cap points down. I did the leaf blower and the stove is running better than ever . So much good info here.

Reactions: mepellet
Status
Not open for further replies.