How to replace blower snap disc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Dec 29, 2015
Bergen County, New Jersey
I have a 4 year old Lopi Declaration - insert, not stove. The blower has become intermittent lately (the fan motors seem to work fine, except for the annoying occasional vibration that has been part of the package since inception) and my dealer suggested I replace the snap disc (part 250-00311). I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to replace this component. Would anyone be able to provide a link or instructions?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Good tip. This is a good time to thoroughly clean the blower motor and the fan blades. That may help reduce vibration if the fan blades are dirty.

Reactions: Mike Z
Usually these things are just a simple switch. You can try just connecting the 2 wires on either side of the switch, which should make it run constantly. Otherwise test the switch by heating it to 120' and testing resistance across the terminals. Should be infinite when cold, 0 when warm.

I would try bending the metal the snap disc attaches to so it will come in contact with the bottom of the firebox, sometimes they start to sag and you get a layer of air between it and the metal so it will not work right.
I've actually had this happen....give a go:cool:

Thanks for the ideas. I've already vacuumed as much as I could get. I'll wait until my wife is out on an errand before using a leaf blower to blow out the dust that the vacuum missed. Then I'll see whether the bendy bracket has sagged. Hopefully I can get it all fixed up and cleaned up without her EVER finding out about the leaf blower in the house.

using a leaf blower to blow out the dust that the vacuum missed.
Could try compressed air in the can ... maybe less of a mess. Leaf blower in the house reminded me of the time the Hubby started the chainsaw in the house (pre reciprocating saws) and my Mom freaked out...;lol;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.