How to replace burner switch enviro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallingstat1717

Feb 5, 2014
Ny
I have an enviro westport freestanding gas fireplace and have been told the switch needs to be replaced (fire will start up but keeps going out and sometimes restarting). Does anyone know how to do this? The manual is extremely lacking in useful information

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 170
The switch itself, on the right side of the pic, snaps into position from the side we're looking at.
In order to replace it, you will need access to the underside of the panel it's set in.
There are plastic protrusions that have to be squeezed together so it'll come thru the hole.
Best thing I can tell you is to take that whole assembly off. I can see a couple of Torx screws in the pic. Take them out.
If that doesn't loosen the entire thing, look for more. Don't force anything, just loosen screws until it's free.
when you take screws out, place them next to each other on a flat surface in the order that you remove them.
Once you can remove the switch from the housing, the wiring to it is simply attached via female spade connectors.
Connect the wiring to the new switch & snap it into the housing.
Reverse your steps to reassemble.
HTH...

Last edited:
Reactions: Heatsource
Status
Not open for further replies.