How to replace combustion package in a Harman Oakleaf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikebob59

Sep 15, 2016
Mass
Hi folks,

I am hoping someone could give me some pointers on how to replace the combustion package in my Harman Oakleaf.

We ordered a new package ( old one clogged and cracked). I pulled the heat shield off the top of the stove but cannot see how to gain access to the rear of the stove. Has anyone replaced one of these in and Oakleaf?

Thanks for any help!

Bob C

That depends on the year some have a removable back panel some need taken apart from the inside. But I think most have a panel that just unbolts from the back. How old is it and how have you been cleaning it if you don't know how to pull it out?

Welcome to the forums. My Oakwood was accessed by removing the back of the stove.. maybe 6-8 bolts, all you need is a hex key, as I recall. Not sure if the Oakleaf is the same. It is important to get all the gaskets back in place and make sure the cover is properly seated when replacing.

Where are you in MA? If you are on the north shore and don't have a local dealer who can help, try Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls, NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.