How to reverse a Fasco V003 auger motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OU812

Dec 21, 2008
California
I have tried "flipping" the stack over (upside down) but then the motor does not run at all. These motors are supposed to be easily reversible. Any ideas?

sometimes the "bearing cap" doesnt seat quite squarely, loosen the two scrwes that hold the bearing cap to the stack , apply a little light machine oil to the race of the shaft inside the bearing cap to help it slide into place better over the shaft ,apply power to the motor with the screws loosened and wiggle the cap a bit to get the motor to take off , then snug the screws down a little at a time alternating between them til they are tight and the motor is still running.

Thanks I will try that. There is a large coil with plastic sides where the two wire leads come out of that looks like it could be separated from the stack but I am not able to do it. Does this part get flipped over with the stack as well? Any danger in doing this procedure?

OU812 said:
Thanks I will try that. There is a large coil with plastic sides where the two wire leads come out of that looks like it could be separated from the stack but I am not able to do it. Does this part get flipped over with the stack as well? Any danger in doing this procedure?

DO NOT seperate the coil pack from the stack , flip the whole thing over, if you attempt to seperate the coil pack you will likely ruin the motor.

No sir, the pole should stay in place. Just flip the stack, but as stated don't overtighten the screws as it will bind the operation. Just make sure the "pack" is properly seated and all should be well. Good Luck!

Thanks for your help. I couldn't get it to go but there is a motor shop close by I am going to take it to. It sounds fairly simple and shouldn't cost much. I just hate paying 80 bucks a whack for a motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.