How to set a pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357066414.141971.jpg

This is how to set your stove.

Eric

Seems like you like the house to be on the warm side. My temps would be 70, 67,70,67

Mine are 60F at night and 64F during the day.

Dave

This is the front room where most of the family is when we are home. The kitchen and dinning room is next to it with a wood stove on the opposite wall. Usually 78/80 in there. House is 2500 sqft and on a slab. We have not run the LP furnace in six years.

I have the opposite problem. The wife is hot blooded and I am not (Let's not go there!) We've settled on an average of 68 at all times. Me? I would love 70. She would love 65. That is precisely why I have an electric blanket with dual controls :)

Reactions: DexterDay
Those are some warm temps. If the bedroom is above 67 I have trouble sleeping because it's too warm. If the main floor tstat is above 70 I am down to a t-shirt and thinking about putting on the shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.