How to strap insulated pex to vertical wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvmacs

Dec 13, 2015
south carolina
Hi. I'm new here with a question. I have a walk out basement that is >12" thick solid concrete. I'm plumbing my oudoor boiler with insulated pex. Instead of drilling through the concrete I want to run it up the wall and connect to uninsulated lines at floor joists height. I have everything figured out except how to strap the 4-5" pipe to the wall. I haven't found any straps that size and I'd like to do something more professional than cutting strips of aluminum and anchoring it to the concrete. The pipe still has a bend from the factory coil. Thanks.

Go to a stove supply place, google it, use something for 4-6 stove pipe., galvanized.

Stainless all around and tap cons. Cheap ad effective. Cut it and do it right and it'll look just fine! Electrical conduit mounts plastic or metal would work too and be at every box store

Reactions: adamant
If you are going to use 90' fittings at the top get PVC conduit a shade bigger than your pipe, and put and L-B (not sure if this is the proper term, just what we call them, the same thing that is to the left in your pic), at the top and hook your lines in there then fill it with foam and put the cover on. will just look like an electrical entrance, no green to catch the eye. or just simply build a chase.

If you are going to use 90' fittings at the top get PVC conduit a shade bigger than your pipe, and put and L-B (not sure if this is the proper term, just what we call them, the same thing that is to the left in your pic), at the top and hook your lines in there then fill it with foam and put the cover on. will just look like an electrical entrance, no green to catch the eye. or just simply build a chase.
The idea of a chase was vetoed by the wife. I was going to get a 90 drain pipe elbow but if I can find PVC it would probably look more professional.

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find any 4-5" conduit clamps. I'm going to get some straps and tap con screws and band it up.

So when your underground water lines like this enter the house through a sidewall, do you just crimp on 90 degree fittings?

Don't forget to throw some electrical lines in with the PEX. Been using our new install about a week and realize that I want a time clock to monitor the hours that the draft fan runs, a visible light so I can tell from the house when it is running, a night light so I can see to load wood after dark, a 110v outlet for tools such as an electric splitter or drill, etc.
Lucky that my pex is still open....

Status
Not open for further replies.