How to "summerize" a funcance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junebug90

Oct 14, 2014
Michigan
So we pretty much are putting the wood furnace away for the summer. The temp changes are to crazy where we light a fire and its 80 in the house so we are just using the LP furnace right now. Also learned our Tstat on the Englander 28-3500 is bad. We are one season down on this indoor furnace thing. I grew up with a home built outside hot air furnace that we just shoved what ever we wanted into it and never maintained anything other than the blowers. So need some advice. What would be some good ways to get this ready for next winter? Any way to improve the furnace? What to check when cleaning? .

So we pretty much are putting the wood furnace away for the summer. The temp changes are to crazy where we light a fire and its 80 in the house so we are just using the LP furnace right now. Also learned our Tstat on the Englander 28-3500 is bad. We are one season down on this indoor furnace thing. I grew up with a home built outside hot air furnace that we just shoved what ever we wanted into it and never maintained anything other than the blowers. So need some advice. What would be some good ways to get this ready for next winter? Any way to improve the furnace? What to check when cleaning? .
In a couple weeks my indoor furnace will be done, hopefully. I would say clean chimney, clean out ashes, oil blower motors, blow dust from wheels, change filter and i have heard you should spray down interior of metal in firebox with wd40 to help with condensation causing rust in box. Like i said i have not actually used or installed mine yet but thats what i would do to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.