How to talk to trees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an Aunt like that once . . . she was horrified to see my brother "butchering" the trees for firewood . . . wanted to know if he could hear their screams. Of course she was a child of the 1960s and I'm thinking she took a little too much of something back then. . . . ;)

You know - here I thought that "tree hugging" was just some sort of expression. I literally had no idea that people REALLY did it and thought they got something out of it - and until I read that article wouldn't have believed that anyone actually would believe the tree would get anything out of it! Wow. Thanks for opening my eyes to something. I guess I should be aware that such folks really do exist so I don't go into utter shock if I encounter one someday.

I have talked to trees a few times. A lot of scotch was involved.

I generally use this sparingly, but WTF?!?

Actually, It's easy to talk to trees. It's just harder to get them to talk back.

Slow1 said:
You know - here I thought that "tree hugging" was just some sort of expression. I literally had no idea that people REALLY did it and thought they got something out of it - and until I read that article wouldn't have believed that anyone actually would believe the tree would get anything out of it! Wow. Thanks for opening my eyes to something. I guess I should be aware that such folks really do exist so I don't go into utter shock if I encounter one someday.

...and many are being appointed as Czars in our Government! certainly into the ashcan now.

I am a tree hugger too.
I just hug the rounds to lift them into the back of my truck, and maybe onto the splitter. So I hug partial trees.
I also love trees for the warmth they bring to my home.

Maybe we should post a reciprocal link to this website on that blog, so that the author of the article can see what else trees can provide :cheese:

Should this be a sticky in the wood forum?

Hippies - Jeesh.

"Heeeyy maannn! You should try one of theeese! and pass me the bag of tater chips. Dude - that tree - its talking to me."

Is swinging from birches, OK ?

evrything I have got would have gone to the land fill

I'll let my saws do the talking!

Couldn't pull up the link, however I also talk to trees. I feel sorry for them sometimes, they are in pain, with bugs eating them from the inside out. Sometimes they have amputations that are very painful and just want put out of their misery. Sometimes they are ripped out of the ground in a painful tearing of their skin and bones.
Occasionally they get electrocuted and have memory loss also. But like all living things sometimes they are just at the end of a long fruitful life and would like to give back something! Firewood or lumber. I do consider myself the "wood wisperer".
Almost forgot about the fungus's, they are extremely uncomfortable, and if left untreated can be chronic and life threating, especially in the crotch.

People who talk to trees or frogs or bears or God or Gods don't worry me. Those who think any of those things talk TO THEM worry me.

As for hugging trees ... a crabapple? come on, could they at least hug a nice PINE tree ?

Peace,
- Sequoia

Ghettontheball said:
TreePapa said:
People who talk to trees or frogs or bears or God or Gods don't worry me. Those who think any of those things talk TO THEM worry me.

As for hugging trees ... a crabapple? come on, could they at least hug a nice PINE tree ?

Peace,
- Sequoia
frogs & bears communicate, trees & god dont...ithinx

Okay, but folks who think they understand what the frogs and bears are saying still worry me.

Peace,
- Sequoia

p.s. if a bear were communicating with me, I would read it as "get the &^^%$ outta my way" and my response would be "of course Mr. Bear" as I slowly backed away.

I talked to three black walnut trees yesterday while stacking.

the split pile is under one and the stack i was makin has two over it

plus it was very windy out

yep, I was talkin at them trees every time they chucked nuts at me.

Birdman1 said:

Be like getting hit with a baseball!

Bubbavh said:
Birdman1 said:

Be like getting hit with a baseball!

Got a cramp in my neck from duckin all day-LOL

I'd rather wear these t-shirts...

Attachments

• e1st.jpg
    e1st.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 229
I tend to have an extremely high reverence for nature
and I'm surprised by the replys. No, I guess I'm not surprised.
Nevermind.

Peter SWNH said:
I'd rather wear these t-shirts...
My dad (an avid hunter) wears his PETA shirt a lot. (People Eating Tasty Animals)... I'll see if I can find a picture of that one too.

gzecc said:
Almost forgot about the fungus's, they are extremely uncomfortable, and if left untreated can be chronic and life threating, especially in the crotch.

Gotta hate that fungus in the crotch!

Status
Not open for further replies.