How to tile a fireplace surround and hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an exterior masonry brick fireplace with a Jotul C350 in it with a SS 6 inch insulated liner with block off plate. Works great and have had it for three years now. However, the fireplace/mantel needs to be redone as it has wood paneling instead of drywall around it and the clearances are right at the limit and I just want to redo this to make sure (excuses, excuses - don't tell the wife I just want to redo it - been working her hard for years about this). I am planning on doing something like the attached photo and am excited to sit down and read up on what the heck I am going to be doing. Wish me luck.

I have never done anything like this before and am interested in doing this myself and all of this information is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time put into these and I look forward to sharing my experience over the next few months as I delve into putting something that looks like this. Gonna be an experience and I have you all to thank in advance for both the great feeling of accomplishment I am sure will occur at some point, and every frustrating moment I know will come the rest of the way. Photos will be provided once I figure out whats going on. lol.

HA!!!

Attachments

• jot859.jpg
    jot859.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,125
Status
Not open for further replies.