How to wire a battery backup to transfer switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fadippides

Nov 25, 2009
North East PA
I am looking to have a transfer switch installed since our pellet stove is the only backup heat we have (I cant run the primary off a generator due to the draw). I want to have a deep cycle battery wired into the breaker for the room the stove is in so I do not need to run the generator at night. Does anyone know how this would be done? I wont be doing it myself but want to be educated to make sure its done right by a professional.

You may get more responses of you Post this in the DIY forum. There are many talented people. Lots of full on Electrician's and Engineers alike.

There are some very talented electricians here in the Pellet Mill. But get better advertising to ALL of the people here.

I frequent all the Forums. Hearth, Pellet, Wood, and Gear are my main 4. But go into the DIY section and Ash Can.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am trying to post it over there but getting "Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time". I'll give it another go in the morning.

So you have a generator and the deep cycle battery is to run thru an inverter to the stove? Or does the stove have the ability to run off of 12v?

Status
Not open for further replies.