How was the service that the dealer gave you and would you work with them again?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
The outfit i dealt with when i had my harman insert put in is family owned and has be around since the late 1970s.When i went to see them they gave me a complete computer print out of what would be done and how much.A few weeks later i had the stove installed with no problems They do everything! sell,install and yearly maintain.They have a service contract that you can get!They will service the stove and clean out the liner once a year for around $160.A friend of my just had his done a few days ago.He was amazed at what they did! Cleaned the liner,took out the door glass!cleaned it and replaced the gaskets (no extra charge).removed the fan and cleaned that,spray painted some areas.I have chatted with them a few times since with some questions and they where very friendly and helpful.I would give them a B+.

Why not an A+? Sounds like very full service.

BeGreen said:
Why not an A+? Sounds like very full service.

They used fireproof insulation instead of a plate to seal off the bottom fireplace damper area.They said it was standard in their instalation process.

Fireproof insulation is likly easier than cuting steel to fit around pipe and flue and tring to make it tight is hard to do
A+ for that service plan I wish I could get all that done for that price

Status
Not open for further replies.