How would you organize this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stacks on pallets and various homemade poles from around the farm, but I prefer the landscape timbers for pretty stacks that folks will see. They are usually something like $3-4 each, but I buy them on sale when they go under $2.

4.5 is good n safe. I noticed the playset in the first set of pics- make sure the little one(s) stay off the stacks. Mine had to learn the hard way.

My "little one" is now 13 going on 22 so she knows everything. , I did warn her to stay away from the stacks . Its only a big draw whe the kids play hide and seek.

Reactions: osagebow
Here are those pics, as promised.

16' between the posts (two 8' landscape timbers long). Black locust:

Middle timbers share a block:

Long view:

8" between the posts here. Lose a half block on one end but gain it on the other for a full 8 feet. Shagbark hickory:

Post on end:

Thanks for the pics :)
I am going to pick up some materials for this, blocks are .98, 8' timbers are 1.97 at HD , I have some oak and Hickory, I think this will work well for

Status
Not open for further replies.