How would you run this Harman setup?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2012
Maine
Ok, so I had my Harman Accentra FS installed last month. I've familiarized myself with the "Harman Sticky" at the top of the forum, however I have a question I was hoping you could chime in on.

My Accentra is installed in a smaller room off my great room (I know, not ideal, but it was the only space it would logically fit). I have been running the stove in "room temp" with the probe, however the smaller room gets up to temperature very quickly and the distribution blower stops running and the fire slowly backs down to an idle. This prevents heat from making its way into the main living space quickly (eventually it bleeds out to the great room). My goal is to keep the distribution blower on as long as possible and the fire to burn steady. I assume "stove temp" is the setting I want, but the sticky references "stove temp" in "manual" (which I do to save the igniter) is more for ambiance and not heat output.

Can you lend some advise as to how I should be running the stove? I just want the thing to pump out heat until I tell her to calm down. I assume this means going to "stove temp" and bypassing the room probe all together...

I run my insert in manual ( stove) only...i feel this way puts more of a " steady" heat throughout my home...you can adjust the blower output with the same knob you use to go from stove to room. After fiddling with it you will know where to set the temp for a particular outside temp.
For instance...i set my temp to 4 last night as it got down to the low 20's....but during the day i put my temp on 2

but the sticky references "stove temp" in "manual" (which I do to save the igniter) is more for ambiance and not heat output.

Use stove temp auto. The stove will not shut down in stove temp auto. It will maintain the ESP temp.

+1. I use mine this way in the REALLY cold weather. It'll never get to the point where the igniter needs to heat up, so there's no wear on it...

+2 on this and if you are going to use a fan as was suggested make sure you are blowing the cold air to the warm air . I know it may sound bass ackward but it works the cold air is denser easier to move and it pushes the warmer air to where you want it.

Reactions: Defiant and The Ds
Use stove temp auto. The stove will not shut down in stove temp auto. It will maintain the ESP temp.
I do the exact same thing in my basement with my P-43 for the same reason.

Room temp manual, air circulates pretty good in my house so the temp is pretty steady. Upstairs and down.

Hello.

Room temp + manual during cold winter's days, stove temp + auto for VERY cold days (& nigths), for us...

When I change settings from stovauto to roomauto, at 1 pm, the distribution fan blows very much during fire's shut down.

Au revoir.

I run my insert in manual ( stove) only...i feel this way puts more of a " steady" heat throughout my home...you can adjust the blower output with the same knob you use to go from stove to room. After fiddling with it you will know where to set the temp for a particular outside temp.
For instance...i set my temp to 4 last night as it got down to the low 20's....but during the day i put my temp on 2

If you run in stove temp manual, the blower will be off. What you want is stove temp auto. The blower will always run no matter what heat setting you have the stove set on.

+2 on this and if you are going to use a fan as was suggested make sure you are blowing the cold air to the warm air . I know it may sound bass ackward but it works the cold air is denser easier to move and it pushes the warmer air to where you want it.
+3, need I say more?

Reactions: will711
Thanks to everyone for their time and thoughts on this. I'll try "stove temp" in the "auto" mode.

If you run in stove temp manual, the blower will be off. What you want is stove temp auto. The blower will always run no matter what heat setting you have the stove set on.
Are you talking about the ignitor?...i always leave mine in auto...i was explaining that stove temp is more of a manual way to run the stove, sorry if i confused anyone....LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.