How'd We Do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanjo

Jul 6, 2008
South Central WI
Well, we made our decision and are planning on ordering our stoves later today. We are wondering if the pricing is in line with what others are paying.

We are ordering a Harman P61 pellet stove and the Harman Pellet Pro 38 Plus. The price quoted for both stoves is around $4,500. This does not include the piping, etc. or installation. We lucked out and they have stock of the P61 and the P38 is due in their warehouse later this month so I think we are set!

Thanks!

I'd say you did pretty good given the current prices some are reporting on here. Prices have been climbing due to increased mfg. costs, delivery costs, etc. and also the supply & demand equation. Just make sure your dealer didn't give you a good price on the stoves and then overcharge for the install/piping.

I would say thats a decent deal. P61 at local dealer was $2,900.00, P61A $300.00 more because of the auto start, not sure price of the other stove but the price for 2 stoves sounds fair. The other poster is right just watch that they don't over charge on the install. Here between 2 dealers one charges $750.00 and one charges $850.00 for installs and includes WETT certificate but pipe and taxes extra. Depending on the install pipes seem to run around $650.00 to $1,200.00.

Wow! That's fantastic, that you can even get them. All Harmon dealers we've contacted in Ma have said no Harmon pellet stoves till January 09, if then. So we're going with the Lopi Yankee. Not in stock either, but they said they'll have them by Sept/Oct. We want to get one in before NOvember.

Well, here's the rest of the story.....when we went in to actually finalize our purchase, our salesperson had discussed our situation with one of their install/tech people and they actually recommended that we start with just the P61 and put it in our main living area. Originally, we were going to put that one in our basement and the smaller P38 in our sunroom. They are relatively confident that we can heat our main level with just the one stove. I hope they are right! Anyway, it saved us a chunk of change. If we find it doesn't quite do it, we can add the P38 later (assuming we can get one).

While we were there finalizing everything, the sales guy told us that just that morning their delivery date for the P38 got delayed into Sept., they were supposed to be arriving later this month!

jeanjo said:
Well, here's the rest of the story.....when we went in to actually finalize our purchase, our salesperson had discussed our situation with one of their install/tech people and they actually recommended that we start with just the P61 and put it in our main living area. Originally, we were going to put that one in our basement and the smaller P38 in our sunroom. They are relatively confident that we can heat our main level with just the one stove. I hope they are right! Anyway, it saved us a chunk of change. If we find it doesn't quite do it, we can add the P38 later (assuming we can get one).

While we were there finalizing everything, the sales guy told us that just that morning their delivery date for the P38 got delayed into Sept., they were supposed to be arriving later this month!

Good news for you that they have the P61 in stock and the P38 backordered and not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.