Howdy from Virginia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
I've been down here since last night. THe ride down could have been more fun, but all in all it was uneventful.

I'm moving to Virginia.

When are you heading back?

Tomorrow, as planned. I am going out to dinner tonight and still planning on meeting you, unless this weather situation is worsening. I haven't checked the weather since being down here. I spent so much time last night on that god awful route 29 that I got here and just crashed without checking it.

I'll take a peak now.

Heavy rain.

Looks that way. I don't wanna discuss anything yet, just cause nothing is in writing and to be honest I don't wanna get bad joo-joo or jinx myself. Details when I have them

be very cautious when driving through the northern part of the state. i've heard stories of a wild-eyed
whiskey drinkin',suburban drivin' man there. not sure of his name but it sounds like mother art?

I predict next year that certain stoves from Va. will start looking just like those from Harman.

Corie, did you see the paragraph at the bottom which says you have to drive one of those tractor trailers for the first 2 years, and that company housing is a double-wide? And how about having to attend the "coon" dinners? Is that mandatory?

Gods country, for certain! Not much as beautiful as the hills of virginny!

OMG I can see it now. A top loading 30-NC with "afterburner" in Whorehouse red.

HAHAHA. Keep poking fun ya'll.

Did I just say ya'll? Shoot, its wearing off already.

They brought me down to see the house I will be staying in for the first few monthes I'm here and some of the people from the factory mentioned something about a trailer park. I was dreading the idea that it actually might be a trailer park.

However, when I got to the house, it is most certainly not a trailer park. I forgot the camera, otherwise I'd post pics.

Well heck. Ya missed out on a double-wide? Ya could always reconsider and go to work for Pacific Energy in some thriving cutural center like Moose Poot, Ontario. Or VC and get lost in the teeming mass of 1,968 people in Bethel (Motto: Little But Got Lots of Stoves and White Granite).

bruce56bb said:
wasn't the movie deliverance based on a true story out of virginia?
(ducking)

Filmed in Georgia on the Chattooga River.

The journey starts off innocently enough. Four Southern urbanites venture to backcountry Tennessee to canoe the Cahulawassee River before the impending damn plugs up the river and floods the valley.

Great Flick........

Yeah, was just up in Bethel......you don't want to be there! Basic thing is no good food! They have to drive 30 miles to even start and find some fresh stuff. The joke around town is that the supermarket - a Shaws - must get the left over (old) veggies from the other new england Shaws since the locals swear that the same supermarket chain in all the other local cities (like White River Junction, etc.) has much fresher stuff. They imagine those markets saying:
"Ok, throw those veggies out now, they are too old"
"Heck no, send 'em to Randolph - those folks who breathe cast iron and paint all day won't know the diff"

Seems like this is another time PE screwed up. Missed the best of the best.

Corie, eliminate the phrase, "Whorehouse Red" from your vocabulary. Things in life will become easier.

Glad the classes in Southern are working out. Seems the little light just after Reno was real. Do us all proud.

edit

Webmaster said:
I predict next year that certain stoves from Va. will start looking just like those from Harman.

Hmmmm. Considering how inexpensive and yet efficient the big E is, we have some very interesting possibilities here.

Blue Ridge country is beautiful. Hope things work out great for you Corie.

Status
Not open for further replies.