Howdy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigb62

Oct 17, 2009
central wisconsin
Hello y'all, great forum! Just installed a Harman P43 Thursday night. So far so good. A little disappointed in the heat output, but..... I MISS my infloor heat. I guess a new mindset is in the making. Really enjoy the posts on the different pellets, tho, few are available in my area. Right now I am burning 'Pikes Premium' (100% hardwood). My "free" pellets that came with the stove. Seems like a lot of ash and not a lot of heat. Are any of the pellets NOT premium? Seems all of them claim to be premium, low ash, high BTU's.

If you have in floor radiant heat, trade in that stove for a Pinnacle pellet boiler! 130K btus and nice warm floors. They only cost twice as much as a good quality pellet stove. Welcome to the forums.

Infloor heat was in the house I built 2 years ago, got married this summer and had to upgrade to a bigger house. Much bigger! Now I am trying to keep warm until I can get infloor heat here. (BIG job). then a pellet boiler would be great and the Harman could be for my shop! (planning ahead, hehehe).

Bigb62 said:
Hello y'all, great forum! Just installed a Harman P43 Thursday night. So far so good. A little disappointed in the heat output, but..... I MISS my infloor heat. I guess a new mindset is in the making. Really enjoy the posts on the different pellets, tho, few are available in my area. Right now I am burning 'Pikes Premium' (100% hardwood). My "free" pellets that came with the stove. Seems like a lot of ash and not a lot of heat. Are any of the pellets NOT premium? Seems all of them claim to be premium, low ash, high BTU's.

Bigb62, Welcome to the forum, lots of good stuff here. Where abouts are you in central WI, I am near Waupaca. I played around with a few different pellets that are available here and came to the conclusion that paying a few more dollars per ton is worth it. The difference being, clean my stove once a week (great pellets) or clean it every day (not so great pellets)........

I found Eureka or Bear Mountain burn the best in my stove.

Welcome Bigd62,

There is alot of info on pellets here. not to much on your region though. Hopefully fellow members chime in and give some clues.

I have heard of Bear Mountain pellets and Golden fire.

http://www.bmfp.com/

Check them out. There supposed to be top notch!

They guys and gals here are going to bug you for a photo on the stove so be ready to post up a photo. We like to see stoves and there installs. Eye candy for us!

Again welcome and enjoy your stay.

jay

Thanx for the welcome. I live just outside of Sparta, up in the hills. I am going to get a generator for back up if the power goes out (first winter out here). Here is a pic of my install, did it Thursday night after I picked up the stove. Venting is just straight out the wall, no vertical flue. Not sure if I am impressed with the dealer. Say and do were two different things with them. Hope I can be an asset to this forum, not just an a$$. Looking forward to visiting with y'all.

Attachments

• 101709_1037[00].jpg
    101709_1037[00].jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 221
Looks great! Happy burning.

BTW- welcome to the forum

Bigb62 said:
Thanx for the welcome. I live just outside of Sparta, up in the hills. I am going to get a generator for back up if the power goes out (first winter out here). Here is a pic of my install, did it Thursday night after I picked up the stove. Venting is just straight out the wall, no vertical flue. Not sure if I am impressed with the dealer. Say and do were two different things with them. Hope I can be an asset to this forum, not just an a$$. Looking forward to visiting with y'all.

I am sure you will fit right in! :)

Nice looking stove, Cozy and warm I bet. :)

Keep us posted on your pellet finds. We like hearing about pellets just as much as looking at stoves! Well I do anyway. Love to try some of the brands you have over there someday. ;-)

Look out for some Douglas fir pellets. I hear there real hot and clean burning too!

jay

Bigb62 said:
Hello y'all, great forum! Just installed a Harman P43 Thursday night.......
Welcome to the forum Bigb....enjoy the new stove and the heat ( try some different pellets as Goatman & Jtakeman suggested.....might make a big difference. Plus, you'll get it better with some "fine tuning", I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.