How's the air up there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Squisher

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2015
vernon BC, Canada
Here in Lavington where I live we get boughts of stagnant air at times. Of which we are having a large amount of this winter. Cold air moves in and everything stops moving. We are under a air advisory and wood stoves are top of the list.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/en...ir/advisories/2017-01-05_lavington_issued.pdf

As I watch the two giant plumes of whatever(mostly steam I hope!)emit from the pellet plant I have a hard time considering turning my stoves off.

Terrible to have this stagnant polluted air here though. I've noticed that when it's like this, despite being cold out draft is much less, smoke wants to just roll down the roof right to the ground on start up and reloads. Terrible conditions.

I hope y'all are breathing a little easier in your locales and I'm looking forward to a disruption of this air mass and get things moving a little.

New system coming through this weekend as the high moves on to the east. Fortunately no alerts so far and no bans in place.