HP water heaters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently became the tech person for some friends who are selling older generation HPWH.
There are Nyletherms and E-techs which are both about ten years old.

The website is heatingstuffllc.com. The units on the website are new old stock.
You can email me if you have questions.

There are about 1200 units that are used and are being sold for a bit more than scrap. I am starting to test some of them. Some are fine, some leak water from the double walled heat exchanger.
I think the leakers are usable with an unpressurized tank with some JB weld to seal the vent leak on the hx.
I will be testing this over the next couple weeks. The used units are $100.
These make the use of a HPWH a great choice for solar back up or wood boiler back up in the summer for DHW.

Tom,
We need more videos.
Wish you were on is Mass.

My sense is that we might pressure test the units and sell the non-leakers. Most units function fine otherwise.
The volume is a bit overwhelming and I am trying to sort out the best way to get them out.

For those of us not up on the latest acronym, what is an HP water heater?

Hmm, I missed the first batch of these that were posted up on that site, and was kicking myself for it.

Maybe a good way to try and use the tax refund....

Do these units have the upgraded controller similar to the first batch? (If its better for me to move more questions to a PM, just let me know)

They are only selling new units at present. They are available at the website and on Ebay.
They all have new controls. I test each one before shipping.

Reactions: Clarkbug
Thanks Tom.

Im going to have to think about nabbing one...

Not anymore. I believe they were Energy Star but that rating has lapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.